Responsibility in the supply chain
Through our facilities and our supply chain, Fagron has an influence on communities all over the world. We strive to have a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. We expect our business partners to conduct business ethically, in line with our Business Partner Code of Conduct.
Our efforts to take responsibility in our supply chain contribute to SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth).
Business Partner Code of Conduct
To provide insight into the risks in the area of human and employment rights and to reveal and/or prevent violations, Fagron established a Business Partner Code of Conduct in 2020. The Code was published in early 2021 and describes requirements and expectations in the area of:
- Human and employment rights: fair treatment of employees, fair pay, reasonable working hours, freedom of association and collective bargaining;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Environment: compliance with laws and regulations, waste and emissions, spills and releases and ecological sustainability;
- Ethics: combating bribery and corruption, fair competition and animal welfare;
- Management systems: compliance with laws and regulations, risk management, documentation, supplier selection and monitoring.
Our target for 2025:
- Discuss ESG in the supply chain with the suppliers that together supply at least 75% by value of our trading products and have them accept Fagron’s Business Partner Code of Conduct.